CASEYJONESLINKS

Photo header

Monday, July 11, 2011

There's a Phonebooth In Heaven that No one is Calling Shoot

This is my first blog as Casey Jones Photography. The site has been here for quite some time, but it was really a mish-mash of material. The site was functional but not everything it could be. I am not saying that now it is everything it could be, but it is a start. I appreciate all of you coming along for the ride.

My friend Monica contacted me and was wanting to do a shoot with me, but I haven't really been feeling the whole themed piece lately. Almost a month ago I was scatter-brained trying to get pieces done/together to submit to the No Dead Artists show at the Jonathan Ferrara Gallery in New Orleans. I should know results on July 20, thanks for asking. Back to the story, I was not interested in doing another themed piece but an old Jim White song came on the car radio and got me to thinking. Jim sang, "There's a phonebooth in Heaven that no one is calling." It was here I started my piece.















































I planned things out with Monica to come on a Monday afternoon when I was off. While waiting I drug some pieces of lumber in the neighbors trash and created the arch so we wouldnt have to hang strings from the ceiling. My new buddy Amanda came over with daquaris while Jennifer, my roommate did Monica's makeup. All in all it was a fun time and relatively painless.



































I released my first version that night which had very little response. Not the result I wanted, so I went back and edited again. After several edits and several uses of other versions of the pose, I submitted to my original instinct and chose a separate head from another shot. Thus the final piece below.





No comments:

Post a Comment